Thursday, June 7, 2012

Get Dreaming!

I know...seven weeks have gone by and I haven't posted. It's not because I haven't done anything, just lazy in getting on the computer. Here are some of the things I have done for my first merit badge, Dare To Dream:


This is the notebook I will be using for this self improvement project:





It was given to me by a dear friend, Jazzy Wescott (now Pulsipher), for Christmas during our senior year of college (admittedly over 10 years ago, and I am just getting around to using it). We considered ourselves writers and dreamed of being like Joan Bauer and Louise Plummer. Because of this, we filled notebooks with lists and musings, in the hopes that one day we would be published and have our books as required reading in Dr. Crowe's Adolescent Literature class at BYU. So far, this is still a dream for both of us, but with project, maybe it will become a reality.

Anyway, this notebook will be where I write my assignments for the different merit badges. So far it contains a list of dreams: dreams from the past, present, and, hopefully, future. Dreams that I have achieved, and ones that I have not yet achieved (the latter is far longer than the former). Looking back on some of the things I dreamed of doing has also helped me to reflect on my life in general, laughing at some of the silly, unrealistic dreams I had as a child (and even as a young adult), and revisiting dreams that I had forgotten about.

This list is all I have completed so far for this badge. Next comes answering a list of questions to help me expand on the dreams listed, to entertain the imagination of what dreams may come, seeing myself as achieving instead of just dreaming. It will be a wonderful adventure. After all, I do believe Eleanor Roosevelt when she said, "The future belongs to those who believe in the BEAUTY of their dreams."

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! That is the most awesome notebook ever!!! I LOVE it! But then again, it only bespeaks the awesomeness of the owner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the perfect notebook. Both for you and for your projects. You are incredible.

    ReplyDelete